If I had stayed in law, I would have missed out on half the fun and adventure in life.
I would never have:
- Moved to Australia and experienced a whole new way of living.
- Met so many incredible human beings with diverse backgrounds and fascinating stories.
- Followed my curiosity and intuition and learned to embrace uncertainty and manage without a Plan B or the “right” answers.
- Discovered my inner determination, resilience and courage.
- Found multiple pathways to a life of purpose and meaning.
- Learned to heal old wounds and release emotional baggage I’ve been carrying for more than 40 years.
- Learned to speak up, say what I feel, and help others do the same.
When I get to 90 and look back at my life, I want to be able to say:
Thanks for the fun, the adventures, the detours and roadblocks and trails that led nowhere.
I am better because I had the courage to find out for myself, instead of only taking the safe and known path.